Hello! We are The Paw Print a newspaper by the students, for the students. We want to encourage students to use this space to voice their opinions, display their talents, inform others about their passions, and most of all: enjoy writing.

We hope you enjoy reading our monthly editions!


-The Paw Print executive team

Wednesday, 5 April 2017

-----

Edition 002

Yellow- By Graciela Menjivar

I was getting some work done when I heard a loud cry that came from my daughter’s bedroom. As soon as I heard it, I ran straight to her bedroom only to find out that the door was locked, and in front of the door I found a note that read:

Dear Diary,
I love my mommy. She is the best human in the whole wide world! I love daddy too, but not as much as I love my mum… Daddy doesnt believe me when I tell him that there is a boy in the closet. He told me that I should stop thinking about it, but i just can't. Mommy believes me, and she used to spray every night a ‘Go away monsters’ repellent in my closet and it was working! However, mommy left a long time ago and I don’t know when she will come, I told daddy he should use that repellent, but he doesn’t want to.
I’m trying to sleep but I can’t because the boy keeps looking at me. Is he a boy? I don't know. He is funny looking…He doesn't have legs, and has only one arm, he has dark hair, yellow bright eyes and pale skin.. He looks sad, and I want to talk to him, but I don't like the way he looks at me. Those yellow eyes captivate me... I just wanna get closer, but I’m scared. Oh look! He just opened the closet! HE IS COMING! DAD! HE IS COMING! HE IS WALKING TOWARDS ME! HE IS C…

Immediately I called the police. They tried to open the door but it was impossible for some reason… After two hours, an officer at last had the idea to look through the keyhole. “What did you see?” another policeman asked. The officer answered with a loud  wail, “NO! NO! STOP! YOU WON'T GET ME! YELLOW! ALL YELLOW! IM TELLING YOU! YOU WON'T GET ME! STOP WHATEVER YOU ARE DOING!”. The officer started to yell at the top of his lungs, and started to run and hit everything he saw. Another officer called the nearest asylum, and told them to come as fast as possible. When the doctors finally came they injected some sort of substance to the officer. “Settle down, please sir.” the doctor politely order. “Yellow… Everything was yellow” the officer confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment